Saturday, March 28, 2020

Nyasa and Dhyanam


Nyasa (Preliminary Chant)
Asya shiva sahasranama stotra maha mantrasya Upamanyu rishi,  Anushtup Chanda,
Sri Sambha sadashivo devatha.
Sthira sthanur eethi Bheejam, Srimaan sri vardhano jagah ithi Sakthi, Devathipathi ithi
Keelakam,
Sri Samba sada shiva Prasada sidhyarthe jape
Viniyoga.
The sage for this “thousand names of Shiva” is sage Upamanyu, meter is “anushtup”, and the God is “SAMBHA SADA SHIVA”.
The root is “motionless shiva”, power is “Sri vardhano jagad”, Keelaga is “Devathipathi and is being chanted to get the grace of Sri Sambha Sada Shiva.
Dhyanam
Santham padmasanastham sasi dara makutam pancha vakthram trinethram,
Soolam vajram cha gadgam parasumabhayadham dakshabhage vahantham,
Nagam pasam gantam pralayahuthavaham sangusam vaama bhage,
Nanalankara yuktham sphatikamani niham parvatheesam namaami.
I salute the lord of Parvathy,
Who is ever peaceful,
Who sits in the lotus pose,
Who wears the crescent on his crown,
Who has five faces,
Who has three eyes,
Who carries on his right side,
Trident, 
vajra, sword, axe and sign of refuge,
Who carries on his left side,
Snake, rope, bell, eternal fire and goad,
Who has been decorated in various ways,
And who is like bead of crystal.
Lam pruthvyathmane Gandham samarpayami
Ham Aakasthmane Puspai poojayami
Yam vaayvathmane dhoopamagrapayami
Ram agneyathmane deepam darsayami
Vam amruthathmane amrutham mahe naivedhyam nivedhyamai
Using “lam” which is the root of earth, I offer sandal to the earth
Using “ham” which is the root of sky, I offer flowers to the sky
Using “yam” which is the root of air, I offer myrrh to the air
Using “ram” which is the root of fire, I offer light to the fire
Using “vam” which is the root of nectar, I offer the great offering to the nectar
Using “sam” which is the root of all souls I offer the complete 
worship to all the souls.

No comments:

Post a Comment